Oui, Meet, your privacy is a top priority. Your privacy is at the core of how we created this product so that you can concentrate on creating meaningful relationships.
We’re working hard to keep your details safe. We have teams dedicated to keeping your data secure. We continuously upgrade our security policies and invest in our protection measures to strengthen the protection of your details.
* * * * * * * * * *
INFORMATION WE COLLECT NOW
in order to help you start dating, we’ll need some information from you like the profile basics and the type of person you would like to meet. We also gather information created from your usage of our services, such as access logs, as well as information from third parties, such as when you use our services via a social media account. If you would like more information, we’ll go into more detail below.
Data that you send us
When you use our services, you chose to send us some details. It contains the following:
- When you create an account, you supply us with at least your login information, as well as certain essential details required for the service to function, such as your gender, age, and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with optional information like your lifestyle preferences, hobbies, etc., as well as content such as photos and videos. To add such content, you will be asked to allow us to access your camera or photo archive. Some of the information you choose to provide to us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, such as your racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of this information.
- When you sign up for a paid service or order directly from us (rather than from a website such as iOS or Android), you supply us and/or our payment processing provider with details such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
- When you participate in surveys or focus groups, you provide us with your insights into our products and services, answers to our questions, and testimonials.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events, or contests, we collect the information you use to register.
- If you email our Customer Service Department, we may gather pertinent details given in that communication. We may monitor or record this communication for training purposes and to ensure we are providing you with the highest quality of service.
- We also process and monitor your written chats and video dates as part of the standard operation of service
4.Information that we receive from others
In addition to the information you provide us directly, we may also receive information about you from others, including:
- Other users. Other users may contact us regarding interaction with you and we may collect information about you from them to fully investigate the interaction.
- Other Partners. We may receive information about you from our partners, e.g. where Oui, Meet, ads are published on the partner’s websites and platforms (in which case they may provide details about the success of the campaign).
Information that is collected when you use our services
If you use our services, we gather details regarding the apps you used, how you used them, and the tools you use to use our services. See below for further details:
- How we use this information: We gather details on your activity on our sites, such as how you’re using them (i.e. when you logged in, the features you’re using most, ads you’ve clicked on, etc.) and how you communicate with other users (i.e., the length of time you send messages, the length of time you use the video feature).
- Device information: We collect information about and from the device(s) you use to access our services, including:
- Device and software details such as IP address, user ID and sort, hardware-specific and computer configuration and functions, computer crashes, advertisement IDs (such as Google’s AAID and Apple’s IDFA, all of which are randomly created numbers that you may change by accessing the device’s configuration), application type, version and language, operating system, time zones, Coo-related identifiers
- information about your wireless cell networks connections, such as your service provider and signal strength;
- All other details with your permission. If you grant us permission, we will obtain your exact geolocation (latitude and longitude) through different methods, depending on the service and system you use, like GPS, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi connections. The collection of your geolocation may take place in the background even if you do not use the services if the permission you have given us expressly permits such collection. If you deny us permission to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it.
In the same manner, if you agree, we can capture your images and videos (for example, whether you wish to publish a picture, video, or streaming service).
5 How We Use This Information
The key purpose of collecting your information is to support, develop, and improve our services. In addition, we use your info to help keep you safe as well as provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Read on for a more thorough description of the different reasons why we use your information:
To manage your account and provide you with our services
- Create and manage an account
- Provide customer support to you and respond to your requests.
- Complete your purchases
- Communicate with you about our services
To enable you to communicate with other users
- Analyze your profile and the profile of other users to recommend potential matches
- Share profiles with other users
To maintain continuity of service across the apps
- Connect the different devices you use so that you can have a seamless experience with our services on all of them. We do this by linking devices and browser data, such as when you log in to your account on different devices, or by using a partial or full IP address, browser version, and similar device data to help you identify and link them.
To serve you with the relevant deals and advertising
- Conduct sweepstakes, competitions, promotions or other offers;
- Track and develop ads targeted to your preferences on our services and other sites;
- Connect with you via email, computer, social media or mobile devices regarding products or services that we think might be of interest to you.
Improve existing services and develop new ones
- Perform user experience research and analysis to enhance our services and products
- Create new features and services
To prevent, detect, and fight fraud and/or other illegal unauthorized activities.
- Investigate alleged misbehavior on or off of the app
- Perform data analysis to help recognize and develop counter-measures against such activities;
- Retain details linked to illegal practices to avoid recurrence;
To ensure legal compliance
- Meet all legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights, such as our Terms
In order to process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you: most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract you have with us.
- Valid interests: we may use your information because we have valid interests to do so. For starters, we evaluate customer activity in our systems in order to continually enhance our solutions, we recommend deals that we think may be of value to you, and we collect information for security purposes, for fraud detection and other legal purposes.
- Sharing your information:
Since our goal is to help you start dating, the main sharing of user information is with other users. We may share some users’ information with partners to enhance your experience on Oui, Meet. We may also share your information with legal authorities when necessary by law or to assist an investigation.
- With other users: Your profile will be public, so please be cautious about the details you share and be sure that the material you post is something you’re happy with being publicly viewable because neither you nor we can monitor what people do about your details after you post it.
If you want to restrict the viewer to all or part of your profile or to other material or details regarding you, it will be available according to your settings.
- With our service providers and partners. We are using third parties to help us operate and improve our services. Such third parties support with numerous activities, including data storage and management, monitoring, customer care, publicity, advertisement, payment processing, and protection operations.
Before contacting any service provider or partnering with any company, we adopt a rigorous evaluation process. Both our service providers and suppliers will adhere to specific confidentiality obligations.
- Unless necessary by law: We may disclose your information if it is reasonably necessary: (i to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, a subpoena or a search warrant, a government/law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of a crime (subject to applicable law in each case); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
- Protection of civil obligations. We may also share information: (i) where disclosure would reduce our liability in an actual or threatened case; (ii) where necessary to protect our legal rights and the legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent or take further action in relation to illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
- With your consent or on your request. We may seek your permission to share your details with third parties. In any event, we’ll make it clear why we want to share the details.
- Your Rights
In order for you to control your information we’ve provided the following tools:
- Tools for access/update in the service. Resources and user configurations that allow you to view, fix, or uninstall details that you have given to us and that is specifically connected to your user inside the company. If you have any concerns about these devices and configurations, please contact our Customer Service Team for assistance.
- Permissions: Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, specifically location services, and push notifications. You can change your settings on your device to consent or decline the collections of information or the display of notifications, however, doing so may cause a decreased user experience.
- Deletion: You can delete your account directly from the service using the corresponding functionality.
- CALIFORNIA Residents:
If you are a resident of California, you may request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information about you that we shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. Please email your request here to obtain this note. Please allow 30 days to respond. In order to protect you and all our users, we can ask you to provide proof of identification before we can respond to this question.
- Protecting your information:
We are continuously working to protect your personal information. As with all mobile platforms even though we take precautions to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee, and you should not assume, that your personal details will always stay safe.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our data collection, storage, and processing practices to update our physical, technical, and organizational security measures.
If we suspect or discover some violation of security, we can disable your usage of all or part of the services without warning. If you feel like your account or information is no longer safe, please contact us immediately.
- Information retention
We hold the personal details for as long as it is needed for valid business reasons (as provided for under Section 5 and as allowed by relevant legislation. In order to ensure the health and protection of our customers on and off our sites, we must enforce a one-year retention duration upon the expiration of the account. Throughout that time, identity information will be maintained even if the identity will not, of course, be utilized.
All information will be deleted or made anonymous once you delete your account unless:
- We must keep it to comply with applicable laws
- There is a pending question, allegation or conflict forcing us to keep the relevant details until it has been resolved; or
- Knowledge must be protected for the good of our business interests, such as fraud prevention and safety enhancements.
Although our service is designed to delete data processed according to the aforementioned guidelines, we cannot ensure that all data will be deleted within a specific timeframe.
- Adult use only
Our services are restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not authorize users under the age of 18 on our platform and do not intentionally gather sensitive details about those under the age of 18. If you suspect a user is under the age of 18 please report their profiles and we will promptly investigate.
To ensure your safety remains our highest priority, this policy may change over time. All users will be notified prior to any change taking effect.